The Katy Church is a collection of local churches in Katy, Texas organized to promote voluntary cooperation among local churches in order to carry out the following objectives, while acknowledging our distinctives in the Body of Christ:
Our vision is, as the body of Christ, to see every person in every people group in our city have the opportunity to hear and respond to the good news of Jesus Christ and become a part of a local church and to see the spiritual climate over our city changed through prayer.
Our mission is to exalt the Lord Jesus Christ by praying and serving together to shepherd our city.
Our CORE VALUES:
- Praying together
- Demonstrating unconditional love, acceptance and unity in Christ
- Pursuing reconciliation among all people
- Serving the needs of our city
- Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Fulfilling the great commission
Our program includes the development of prayer groups, community church services and celebrations, community development assistance and other programs oriented toward impacting Katy, Texas for Christ and experiencing the unity of His body, the church.
Our contributions to the community includes organizing special area-wide events and activities which are in keeping it’s objectives, serving local churches and ministries by sharing ministry resources, cooperating with civic and other organizations which have pledged themselves to high moral and ethical standards of living and praying for and encouraging all our civic leaders.
Our Statement of Faith:
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe that, for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.